Wednesday, 26 April 2017

before and after


 this is before firing

this is after firing with clear glass 'edges' framing  the central piece.
I added those afterwards and re-fired it.
I over-fired the piece, so the pattern has mishapen, and has a couple of holes,
but I'm quite happy with this.
I could also neaten up the corners to square the piece up more - but haven't as yet :o)
(I usually use COE 90 glass)

Saturday, 15 April 2017

broken up bits - refired

I love breaking up pieces that I dont think are that good, refiring them 
and making them into more abstract pieces.

 this is my favourite - (at the mo!)

Monday, 10 April 2017

firing and cracking ..........


This piece cracked in a few places, whilst being fired.  I managed to push the pieces together with a couple of metal tools, while it was still very hot, and ...........
 it ended up just fine! :o)
This piece was fired, then had an insect decal fired into it, then added 
a strip of dichroic glass, and a final fireing. 
(I use GlasTac adhesive.)
Fortunately this piece didn't crack - - - whew!

obsessive! :o)